Ekriks Graycloud, The Precipice of Chaos
Ekriks Graycloud, The Precipice of Chaos is a Boss in Salt and Sacrifice. Ekriks Graycloud is an Electromancer that attacks from short and long distances. Bosses are the larger main battles usually representing a chapter or a section in the game. When bosses are encountered, a title of their name is displayed along with a full HP bar towards the bottom of the screen. Bosses may also be accompanied with some Enemies, so players may prepare some extra Items to help beforehand for these battles encountered throughout the game. Included is a guide on how to beat Ekriks Graycloud, The Precipice of Chaos in Salt and Sacrifice.
A shaper and wielder of the pure essence of lightning. Unpredictable, irrational, and rage-filled, electromancers take on the personality of those rune-spelling violent flashes that light up the night sky.
Ekriks Graycloud, The Precipice of Chaos Information
Element and Summons
Where to find Ekriks Graycloud, The Precipice of Chaos in Salt and Sacrifice
- Can be found at Ashbourne Village
- Chase Sequence: Note that you may encounter unnamed Mages during your hunt for Ekriks Graycloud. They serve to distract you but may also drop their respective crafting materials if you choose to go after them. Ekriks Graycloud can first be found west of the Valesnight Square Obelisk, on the bridge towards the castle. He will then teleport to the middle-western exit of Archridge District, in the plaza. After this, he will teleport back into the main Archridge District building, one level below. Simply drop down the ladder from the plaza and re-enter the building from the entrance here. After fighting him here for a while, he will teleport further to the third floor of the building in the lower east. His next teleport spot will be right outside the main Archridge District entrance to the west of the bottom floor. After one last encounter, he will teleport past the eastern Ashbourne Village Obelisk and begin the Boss Fight.
Salt and Sacrifice Ekriks Graycloud, The Precipice of Chaos Rewards
- Crackling Heart (50%)
- Silver Tooth x 1-2 (50%)
- Graphite Nail x 1-3 (50%)
- Static Fiber x 1-5 (50%)
- Blazepyr x 1-5 (5%)
- Salt x
- Silver x
- Guiltless Shard
Ekriks Graycloud, The Precipice of Chaos Strategies
The fight with Ekriks Graycloud can be quite difficult due to the amount of things going on and all the projectiles and effects to keep track of. Ekriks Graycloud has attacks that cover both short and long distances so you need to be constantly on the move. Strangely enough, he seems to prefer attacking from mid or short range and has an extremely slow walking animation which you can take advantage of by pelting him with ranged attacks and throwables from a distance.
You will need to create openings in his attacks in order to deal damage. The biggest opportunity to do this is during his Lightning Storm move. You must be quick and get behind him as he channels. The attack will only hit his front and he cannot change directions once he begins channeling the spell. Furthermore, he will be locked in the cast animation for a good amount of time, allowing you to get at least 3 hits in.
When he summons the Ball Lightning, focus on dodging as the projectile burst can take on erratic trajectories and can be difficult to avoid. For his Channeled Lightning move, you want to be behind him when the attack begins or far away if you can't make it. In either case, make use of the time he is channeling to get some attacks in from either melee or range.
Finally, be wary of fighting Ekriks Graycloud from melee distance. His lightning spear attack comes out very quickly and the follow up can present real problems with dodging, especially as he can quickly cast his other spells right after the cascading lightning portion, placing plenty of projectiles and effects on screen at once. You can dodge through the diagonal stab and run away from the vertical stab, getting ready to dodge through the cascading lightning.
Once his health is depleted, the mage will collapse to the floor, allowing you to press the appropriate key to devour his heart, ending the encounter.
Attacks & Counters
|Lightning Storm||Ekriks Graycloud brings two hands to his side while lightning begins to emanate from them. He slowly raises both hands and summons columns of lightning that cascade forward in front of him. The telegraph is difficult to identify but the bolts themselves are telegraphed on the ground before they strike and can be dodged through with proper roll timing.|
|Ball Lightning||Ekriks Graycloud quickly tosses out an orb of lightning that travels outwards in a straight line from him. After a while, the orb bursts into 3 smaller projectiles that home in on the player. The large orb itself will not hit you unless you jump up into its path. The smaller projectiles can be jumped over if they take a lower trajectory or dodged through.|
|Channeled Lightning||Ekriks Graycloud raises both arms in front of him and channels streams of lightning that hits below and slightly in front of him. Get behind him to avoid the attack or run far away if you can't make it to his back.|
|Lightning Spear||Ekriks Graycloud conjures a spear of lightning and stabs downwards diagonally in front of him. He follows up by stabbing the spear into the ground directly below him. This sends columnds of lightning cascading outwards from both sides of him, similar to the Lightning Storm attack.|
Ekriks Graycloud, The Precipice of Chaos Lore
Boss Lore & Story Goes here
Ekriks Graycloud, The Precipice of Chaos Notes & Trivia
- After defeating the mage, speak to his dying human form for some backstory and pick up your additional loot. At this point, you can return to the Valesnight Square Obelisk and continue on west past the bridge to Ashpeak Castle, the entrance to which you can now unlock. However, it is best to save this area for later as you will not get very far without getting more Inquisitor Tools. We will cover this location in the Ashbourne Revisited tab found at the top of the page.
- By defeating Ekriks Graycloud, the Precipice of Chaos players earn The Electromancer trophy.
- Notes, & Trivia Go Here
Ekriks Graycloud, The Precipice of Chaos Image Gallery
[images go here]
Very well designed boss, for some reason his moves are only blockable, take half of your hp bar away on hit and follows up every move with another 0.01 second later
God, Ska Studios made one hell of a steaming pile. Way to shot on all the good will you built up
Do we know his respawn Location???