Factions in Salt and Sacrifice are special groups that players can join in order to engage in roleplay and Online cooperative or vs play. Salt and Sacrifice is embracing a full souls-like covenant and online experience. You will be able to use asynchronous features such as leaving messages for others, and engage in fully coordinated PvP and Co-operative play. The game features six factions:
Salt and Sacrifice Factions
- Dawnlight Cooperators – Aid fellow inquisitors in devouring mages. Use a “Pale Candle” to find a host to assist.
- Oathbound Watchers – protect Inquistors who have been invaded by members of the Shroud Alliance. Wear an Oathwrit Amulet to be summoned to protect a host.
- Sheriff Inquisitors – Slay invading Blueheart Runners. Wear a Tealfeather Amulet to be summoned to protect a host.
- Shroud Alliance – Invade and slay fellow inquisitors. Use a “Page of Curses” to find a world to invade.
- Blueheart Runners – Hunt creatures called Hazeburnt Husks in the realms of their fellow Inquisitors. Use a “Blue Candle” to find a world to harvest.
- Chaos Hunter – Invade and can slay hosts, allies, invaders and monsters. Use “Unspeakable Flesh” to find a world to invade. This faction is not yet fully implemented into the game.
Invasions and coop both work only when the player isn’t “Spellmarked”, which is the equivalent of being “Hollow”. When you want to engage in online play, you need to use a Guiltless Shard that can be looted from many places on the landscape or purchased from a demo vendor. Once you are in the “Atoned” (human) state, you can intiate co-op by using a “Golden Candle”, or wait for PvP adversaries to join as you play. Guardian faction members can be summoned into other worlds even when being Spellmarked.