Pardoner's Vale is a Location in Salt and Sacrifice (SnS) and is the main user hub. Pardoner's Vale is a small village with various facilities and amenities. Players will visit this location often and will be granted access to more areas within as they progress and acquire more tools. Many NPCs encountered during the adventure will also return to Pardoner's Vale and serve as varying types of Merchants.
This page is a segment of the Walkthrough, featuring a comprehensive guide that aims to help players complete the main campaign. The Walkthrough covers each location in detail, including all obtainable Items and Equipment, NPCs, Enemies and Bosses, and is organized by location based on our recommended progression path to completing the game.
- See the Game Progress Route page for a minimalist guide on where to go and what to do next
- See the Quests page for details on quest progression
- See the New Player Help and Game Mechanics pages for tips covering the game's various mechanics
Pardoner's Vale Guide
Next: Ashbourne Village
Pardoner's Vale Map
[map goes here]
NPCs in Pardoner's Vale
- Artifact Merchant
- Blighttaker Zix
- Champion Hera
- Eater Manrin
- Herbalist Shanna
- Kingdom Knight
- Materials Merchant
- Merchant Raury
- Royal Retinue
- Runereader Diedela
- Sheriff Inquisitor Kier
- Shopkeeper Arnald
- Stablehand Bren
- Sunlight Knight Beatrice
- Verdantvoice Trista
- Warpsmith Zakie
- Watcher Oman
Pardoner's Vale Bosses
Pardoner's Vale Enemies
All Items in Pardoner's Vale
- Firebomb x 2
- Guiltless Shard x 2
Equipment & Upgrades
- Hearthen Flask x 5
Pardoner's Vale Walkthrough for Salt and Sacrifice
Pardoner's Vale - Sanctuary
After dying in the Prologue, you awaken inside a tent with a healer looking over you. This is Herbalist Shanna. She will gift you 5 Hearthen Flasks which are reusable tools that you can use to heal yourself when wounded. You can continue speaking to her to learn more about what happened, as well as your current condition. When ready, exit the tent from the left out into the Pardoner's Vale village proper. This location acts as a hub for you to return to between your adventures to craft and upgrade equipment, level up, interact with NPCs and more. Take your time to explore the village. In its current state, there isn't much you can do here but it helps to familiarize yourself with the place as you will be returning frequently.
Directly west and below the cliffs from Shanna's tent, you will find the smithy, tended to by Warpsmith Zakie. He will tell you to speak to Champion Hera in the center of the village, but not much else. There is a Crafting Table and an Enhancement Table to Zakie's left but you will not have any materials to make use of them at the moment so do as he says and continue further west to speak to Champion Hera. She will task you with heading to Ashbourne Village and asks that you speak to Runereader Diedela in order to learn how to get there. To the left of Hera, you can find your Stockpile where you can stash items you don't need at the moment.
To find Diedala, head down the stone steps to the west until you reach a cat sitting on a barrel. From here, take the steps heading down to the east and you will arrive at a large stone arch structure. Speak to Diedala who is standing nearby and she will teach you how to work the Mirrorgate, giving you your first set of Runestones. When you are ready to depart, interact with the basket to the left of the Mirrorgate and select Ashbourne Village to punch in the Runestones and activate the portal.
Before Leaving for the first time
Before departing for Ashbourne Village, you may want to check out the following:
- West from Champion Hera, take the steps leading up. There is a ladder you can climb leading to a chest which contains Firebomb x 2.
- Continue upwards and take the next set of steps heading east to find the Trifaul Idol. This statue depicting a maiden with antlers and wings acts as your leveling station. Make note of this location as you will be returning frequently once you've started accumulating a lot of Salt. See the Level page for details.
- From the Trifaul Idol, head all the way to the west to find Stablehand Bren and the stables. There is a chest behind the reindeer which contains Guiltless Shard x 2. You may have noticed your health bar does not fill all the way and there is a blue segment on it. This condition is called the Spellmark and it affects you whenever you die, reducing your maximum health by 25% and preventing the use of certain items. You can use a Guiltless Shard to regain your physical flesh and have use of your full health bar.
- Head down the steps east of Champion Hera to find Verdantvoice Trista and her Apothecary's Tools Table. This is where you can upgrade your tools such as the Hearthen Flask, as well as your ammunition. Unfortunately, you won't have the required materials at this point.
- Directly underneath the steps leading to Verdantvoice Trista, there is an access tunnel you can enter. There isn't much you can do here at this point but there is a chest one floor below from the entrance that contains Valley Herb x 3 and Irona Ore x 5. There are also crystal clusters along the eastern walls in the floors below where you can mine ores. These respawn every time you return to Pardoner's Vale. There is also a path here that leads to the Mirrorgate and the rest of this access tunnel is locked.
- That covers all the things you can do at Pardoner's Vale at this point in the game.
Pardoner's Vale unlockable NPCs and Locations
Trivia & Notes
- Trivia and notes go here
Does anyone know how to open or get to the other side of the closed door on the far left of the underground area?