Royal Retinue is a group of NPCs in Salt and Sacrifice. The Royal Retinue is comprised of the Royal Guard and the Arch Hierophant Anomalis who serve King Alnor and are always by his side. After completing Bol Gerahn, the player will receive a summons from the Royal Retinue via Champion Hera in Pardoner's Vale, beginning their questline.
Royal Retinue Location in Salt and Sacrifice
- Pardoner's Vale: In the formerly locked tent far to the west of the village, past the cat sitting on a barrel.
- Dreadstone Peak: Inside a mage-sealed room the upper levels of the main building in the Temple of Eleven complex. Requires the hearts of 2 Named Mages to unlock.
- Elder Copse: Found on the balcony directly above the lowest Obelisk of the Citadel of Sky. The Citadel requires the hearts of 2 Named Mages to enter.
Quest and Details related to Royal Retinue in Salt and Sacrifice
After completing Bol Gerahn and acquiring the Runestone to travel to Corvius' Mire, the Inquisitor will receive a summons from the Royal Retinue via Champion Hera on their next visit to Pardoner's Vale, beginning their questline which involves finding and speaking to them in two locations.
See the Royal Retinue Questline for details on their quest.
- After completing Corvius' Mire and unlocking the Runestone to travel to Dreadstone Peak, return to the King's tent in Pardoner's Vale. The Royal Retinue will have moved on to Dreadstone Peak and in their place will be a Treasure Chest containing the entire Ecclesial Set.
- After completing Dreadstone Peak and unlocking the Runestone to travel to Elder Copse, return to the location of the Royal Retinue in the Temple of Eleven. They will have moved on to the Elder Copse and in their place will be a Treasure Chest containing the entire Royal Set.
- After finding the Royal Retinue in the Elder Copse, speak to Arch Hierophant Anomalis (the adviser in pink) to receive the Divine Sight Elixir. If you consume this, you can speak to him again to receive the Elixir of Peace. You can repeat this any number of times to receive either elixir, whichever one's effect is not currently active.
- At this point in the Elder Copse, talking to the Guard near the Hierophant allows him to sell weapons to the player, listed below.
Salt and Sacrifice Royal Retinue Shop
Note: All the weapons require Tier 5 of their respective weapon class to wield, and possess no Runic Arts at all.
|Item Name||Item Type||Purchase Value|
|Kingsguard Vanguard||Weapon (Vanguard)||4500 Silver pieces|
|Bloodgem Greatblade||Weapon (Greatblade)||4500 Silver pieces|
|Exalted Highblade||Weapon (Highblade)||4500 Silver pieces|
|Golden Hammer||Weapon (Bludgeon)||4500 Silver pieces|
|Jeweled Cinquedeas||Weapon (Twindagger)||4500 Silver pieces|
|Gilded-Bone Reaper||Weapon (Scythe)||4500 Silver pieces|
Salt and Sacrifice Royal Retinue Notes & Trivia
- Completing the Royal Retinue Side quest nets players The King Trophy.