Salt and Sacrifice
|Name||Salt and Sacrifice|
|Release Date||May 10 2022|
|Genre||2D ARPG, Metroidvania|
Salt and Sacrifice is a 2D Action Role-Playing, Metroidvania game and is the sequel to the critically aclaimed souls-like game, Salt and Sanctuary. Salt and Sacrifice introduces a familiar yet refreshing take where both veteran and new players are introduced to new mechanics and additional features. Explore a new period, as well as a new world where you play as Marked Inquisitor who has been tasked for a lifetime to hunt down hopeless and dangerous Mages that roam around the world. Salt and Sacrifice is scheduled to release on May 10th 2022 for PC and PlayStation®5.
- AUDIO: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish - Spain, Chinese - Simplified, Chinese - Traditional, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese - Brazil
- TEXT: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish - Spain, Chinese - Simplified, Chinese - Traditional, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese - Brazil
Salt and Sacrifice does not collect or send any data or statistics, either to us or any third parties.
Salt and Sacrifice Story Overview
In Alterstone Kingdom, captured criminals face two choices for their punishment: death or service. Most opt for execution, but a brave few choose to live life in penance as Marked Inquisitors. These wandering wrongdoers hunt wicked Mages, devouring their hearts to prevent them from terrorizing the Kingdom any further.
Customize a Marked Inquisitor’s crime, look, and class. Choose from one of eight starting classes—Highblade, Paladin, Assassin, Cleric, Dualist, Fighter, Ranger, or Sage—then partake in the Magebane Rite. Imbibe the sacred drink, speak the words, and come away from the rite Spellmarked, in a flux state between life and death. Free from mortal fears, the Inquisitors vow to spill the blood of Mages to put an end to their cruelty.
Prepare for each excursion at Pardoner’s Vale, a hub filled with friendly Inquisitors. Set out and roam eerie villages, tomb temples, and swamp kingdoms in single player or drop-in drop-out online co-op. Find clues and track down more than 20 types of Mages, including scorching Pyromancers, toxic Venomancers, and abominable Corpumancers. Wield grappling hooks and pursue them, then slay them in brawler-style side scrolling combat.
Pillage the remains of Mages to craft new equipment with Runic Arts, granting Inquisitors unprecedented new abilities. Search every decrepit corner across multiple maps for powerful melee weapons, deadly ranged weapons, and protective armor and charms. Join multiplayer factions, including the cooperation-focused Dawnlight Order and the player-killing Shroud Alliance.
Ska Studios brings back its signature hand-drawn look, providing each candlelit cave and foggy forest with a personal feel. The expansive Bestiary features more than 100 monsters, many inspired by Scandinavian folklore. James Silva’s haunting score injects a sense of foreboding throughout the entire journey.
Salt and Sacrifice Game Features
- Salt and Sacrifice is a hardcore 2D action RPG, featuring over a large number of unique items.
- Features an extensive character customization system, complex, stylized combat, rewarding exploration, and challenging enemies.
- Discover many types of equipment, from various sets of armor and different kinds of weapons, from spears, swords, knives, bows, and many more.
- Expand and strengthen your character by allocating points to your preferred stats and attributes, as well as unlocking or learning new skills. Create a build that will suit your playstyle or that can easily adapt in different situations you face.
- Explore brand new hand-drawn art style lent to the characters and environments. Discover a new era and a new world that follows Salt and Sanctuary.
- Fight and hunt down exquisite yet dangerous and challenging Mages which pose a threat to the society you are in.
- Journey through multiple areas alone or travel with a friend or a random player who calls you through Co-Op, local or online play.
- Drawing inspiration from the Souls series, Salt and Sanctuary features a Summon mechanic where players can summon a random ally or join a random host to embark on a treacherous journey.
Salt and Sacrifice PC Requirements
Minimum PC Specs
- OS: Windows 8
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz or equivalent
- Graphics: Direct X Version 10, DirectX 10 compatible video card with shader model 3.0 support
- Memory: 1 GB
- Storage: 3 GB
Recommended PC Specs
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel i5
- Graphics: Direct X Version 10, NVIDIA® 9600GT or ATI RadeonTM HD 5000+ or better
- Memory: 3 GB
- Storage: 3 GB
Salt and Sacrifice Gallery