Salt and Sacrifice Wiki is the Official SnS Wiki Guide with All Weapons, Armor, Bosses, Builds and full Walkthrough for Ska Studio's Salt and Sacrifice game.
About Salt and Sacrifice ♦ Patch Notes ♦ DLC ♦ Controls ♦ Combat ♦ FAQ ♦ Online ♦ Multiplayer ♦ Summon Guide
Character Creation ♦ Classes ♦ Skills ♦ Stats ♦ Builds
Skills ♦ Weapons ♦ Armor ♦ Runic Arts ♦ Accessories ♦ Items
Salt and Sacrifice Game Data
- Release Date: May 10 2022
- Developer & Publisher: Ska Studios
- Platforms: Epic PC, PlayStation®5, Playstation 4
- Price: USD 19.99
- Beta & Demo: April 2022
Salt and Sacrifice Game News
Salt and Sacrifice Wiki Data
- 2200 Articles
- 1300 Pages
- 900 Files
- 136 Contributors
Salt and Sacrifice Wiki Guide: Everything about Salt and Sacrifice
Salt and Sacrifice Wiki Guide is a compilation of Salt and Sacrifice guides, including all Stats, Skill Trees, Weapons, Armor, and various equipment. A community resource open to be edited by anyone, the Salt and Sacrifice Wiki also features Build Guides, New Player Help, and overall game progress tips and tricks.
What is Salt and Sacrifice?
Salt and Sacrifice is a 2D action platformer with precise, technical combat and a strong narrative. Salt and Sacrifice is the sequel to the popular title, Salt and Sanctuary. Salt and Sacrifice expands on the realm of Salt and Sanctuary, where players will get to discover a new period of time, a new world, as well as taking on a new responsibility. Specifically, as a Marked Inquisitor.
What is a Marked Inquisitor? He/She is known to be a condemned criminal who was spared by the hand of justice with the condition of serving in the unending war against Mages: twisted, hopeless creatures of elemental malice for a lifetime. In other words, you are tasked with hunting down large threats such as the Mages that roam the world.
Developer and Publisher Ska Studios introduces a familiar yet refreshing take to the sequel by adding new mechanics, additional game features such as a Co-Op mode for both local and online play, imrpovements to certain aspects of the game such as inventory management, combat, characters, and many more.
Will there be Classes?
Yes, in a written article during one of Ska Studios' interviews, they have mentioned 8 starting Classes that features the Highblade, Paladin, Assassin, Cleric, Dualist, Fighter, Ranger, or Sage. It also looks to it that these classes only indicated a set of equipment such as Weapons, Armor, Accessories, and Items, as well as Skills that you will be starting with when you start the game and after Character Creation. As you progress, it is still up to you on how you mold your character by creating your own build that features a set of equipment, skills, and stats. Or by improving your character's stats.
What is the Story About?
Salt and Sacrifice expands the world of the first game, Salt and Sanctuary. In Salt and Sacrifece, you play as a Marked Inquisitor who is tasked for a lifetime to kill Mages who roam the world and pose a threat to society. Salt and Sacrifice is set in a new period and new setting, within a kingdom known to be Alterstone.
Here, you will need to prepare for each excursion at Pardoner’s Vale, a hub filled with friendly Inquisitors. Set out and roam eerie villages, tomb temples, and swamp kingdoms, to pillage the remains of Mages to craft new equipment with Runic Arts, granting Inquisitors unprecedented new abilities, as well as to search every decrepit corner across multiple maps for powerful melee weapons, deadly ranged weapons, and protective armor and charms.
Is there Co-Op?
Yes, Salt and Sacrifice reveled in the announcement trailer that there is a co-op feature that allows you to invite and play with a friend online or via local play. Apart from that, Ska Studios showcased as well in a written article during one of their interviews that they have added a Summoning feature where players can use a summon item to call and ask for aid from random players who are online. If Salt and Sacrifice follows a similar feature to games like Dark Souls or Demon's Souls, it is possible that summoned players can either assist the player or turn against them and kill them.
SnS Game Features
- Salt and Sacrifice is a hardcore 2D action RPG, featuring over a large number of unique items.
- Features an extensive character customization system, complex, stylized combat, rewarding exploration, and challenging enemies.
- Discover many types of equipment, from various sets of armor and different kinds of weapons, from spears, swords, knives, bows, and many more.
- Expand and strengthen your character by allocating points to your preferred stats and attributes, as well as unlocking or learning new skills. Create a build that will suit your playstyle or that can easily adapt in different situations you face.
- Explore brand new hand-drawn art style lent to the characters and environments. Discover a new era and a new world that follows Salt and Sanctuary.
- Fight and hunt down exquisite yet dangerous and challenging Mages which pose a threat to the society you are in.
- Journey through multiple areas alone or travel with a friend or a random player who calls you through Co-Op, local or online play.
- Drawing inspiration from the Souls series, Salt and Sanctuary features a Summon mechanic where players can summon a random ally or join a random host to embark on a treacherous journey.
What to Expect in Combat?
Back in June of 2021, Ska Studios has shared and released a 10-minute gameplay footage showcasing what to expect for Salt and Sacrifice. And there are a interesting features that need to be highlighted:
- Grappling Hook: As seen on the gameplay footage, you'll be able to acquire a Grappling Hook which allows you to reach branches to swing and get onto high ground and areas that are high to set foot on.
- Wall Jump: Another movement maneuver is being able to wall jump. This can help with movement and even combat as well, especially in cases if you are caught up against a wall by enemies.
- Crafting plays an important role for Salt and Sacrifice. You will need to collect Materials in ordert to craft items such as a Potion that recovers your health.
- Summoning: Apart from playing with a friend online or locally, you can now use a summon item that will allow you to randomly call a player and have them join your game. But as always, this feature requires both players to be online.
- Familiar weapons return to Salt and Sacrifice such as Daggers, Swords, Staves, Axes, Hammers, Shields, and Bows. More types of weapons are expected to be available and revealed as we reach the game's full release.
- Equipment plays an important role when it comes to combat. Armor pieces and/or sets still comes with a certain amount of weight, and equipping heavy gear will affect some combat moves such as rolling. It was showcased as well in the gameplay footage that "fat rolls" are prominently seen when the character is wearing heavy armor and when it is unequipped, the character is able to execute a fast and smooth roll.
SnS Gameplay Review
When is Salt and Sacrifice Releasing?
Salt and Sacrifice, the sequel to the 2016 souls-like game, Salt and Sanctuary was first announced on June of 2021 at the kickoff event for the Summer Game Fest.
It was then revealed and confirmed that it will release on May 10th 2022 for PC Epic Games Store and PlayStation®5. Releases for Steam, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch are currently not planned, but we will add information as it becomes available.
Check out our other Wikis:Complete List of Wikis
I have a problem, some time into the game, for some reason, every "flippable" items on characters (long hair, mantles, hanging weapons etc) will randomly flip upward, as if gravity was suddenly reversed. If it wasn't for this annoying problem, I'd be happy to try this game throughly
Desperately needs a steam launch
Imho the game is extremely inferior compared to the last game, and not just the annoying mage hunts and maze-like locations, and not even the same gameplay flaws of the last game, where the only strategy is just ditching as much damage as possible in shortest time, but the story line is complete ****. Now compare it to the mysterious and freaky story the last game's island had :/ All in all, pretty bummed out about the whole thing, never replaying it again, had to suffer through just because of the love for the first game
We need a wiki page for gestures
Is there even a discord for this game?
Anyone want to coop?
I already have withdrawal symptoms from this game and it's not even released yet.
Launches Today! LETS GOOOOO :D :D